Minacream is a topically applied product designed for the treatment of male pattern baldness and beard thinning. It is suitable for most stages of baldness. It is most effective when initiated upon the first signs of balding. Significant results are visible after 6 months of continuous usage.
Raw materials are pharmaceutical grade. Concentrations of active ingredients are standardized at 16% minoxidil and 0.01% tretinoin, equivalent to 160 mg of minoxidil and 0.1 mg of tretinoin per 1 mg of cream.
The idea for this formulation stems from the fact that there is a surprisingly high percentage of non-responders to standard 5% minoxidil solutions. We believe that the main culprits of this phenomenon are low SULT2 enzyme (converts minoxidil to its active form) activity in the scalp tissue in most non-responders and significant scalp irritation due to high concentrations of harsh chemicals like ethanol and propylene glycol in standard topical formulations. In order to bypass these obstacles the cream does 3 things:
- Added tretinoin (upregulation of SULT2 enzyme)
- Used higher concentration of minoxidil
- Used cream base suitable for sensitive skin
One unit is 50 g, sufficient for almost 2 months of supply with once daily usage (1 g per application).
Active Ingredients: Minacream proprietary blend:
- 16% minoxidil (160 mg minoxidil in every 1 g)
- 0.01% tretinoin (0.1 mg tretinoin in every 1 g)
- Isopropyl myristate, Petrolatum, Propylene glycol, Caprylic Triglyceride, Ceteareth-20, Paraffinum liquidum, Cetyl alcohol, Glyceryl stearate, Cera alba, Butylhydroxytoluene
How to use:
- Apply a thin layer to the scalp or beard. Spread and rub on areas affected by androgenetic alopecia
- Always do a patch test to ensure no reaction occurs
- The product has a shelf life of 2 years when stored at room temperature. No need to store it in a refrigerator.
Minacream is produced and designed by a licensed compounding pharmacy.